By Kumari Swati
Mumbai: The lockdown have changed the entire narrative of entertainment industry. On one side where the shooting of different television serials have resumed with keeping the precautions and rules in mind .There is still a long way to release movies in Theatres. As the rate of transmission at such a place is huge, so even if movies are ready for theatrical release , there will be special measures taken , the risk would be higher. Thus the producers of major big films starring top actors are going for the OTT release.
Some of the films that are going to be released on different OTT platforms that includes hotstar , Amazon prime and Netflix. The movies that people are going to watch on OTT includes:
1. Akshay Kumar and Kiara Advani starrer “Laxmi bomb”.
2 .”Bhuj: The pride of India” starring Ajay Devgan.
3.”Dil Bechara” starring debutant Sanjana sanghi, and late Sushant Singh Rajput .This movie is based on a book called ” The fault in our stars.” .The movie is going to be release on 24 July on hotstar and the fans of Sushant can see the movie without any premium for free .This will be a tribute to late Sushant Singh Rajput.
4. Alia Bhatt starrer” sadak 2″.
5. Abhishek Bachchan starter The big bull
6. Vidyut jamwal starred “khuda Hafiz”.
7. Kunal khemu starred” Lootcase”.
8.Nawaz siddhqui starrer” Dhumketu “.
9.The Malayalam movie ” sufiyum sujatayam” featuring Aditi Rao hydari, Jaysurya, will release on July ,3rd.
10. Jhanvi Kapoor starrer movie” Gunjan saxena : The kargil Girl ” will release on Netflix.
11. “Shankuntala Devi: The human computer ” featuring Vidya Balan will release on July , 15
There has been 80 to 90 crore rupee loss of theatres due to this pandemic.The benefit of releasing a movie on OTT is that no money is wasted on marketing , time is saved , but there is a risk of piracy of the movie being released on OTT.